Positions Available: 1
Terms: Summer 2015
Starting Date: Mid-May to June 2015
Availability: 16 hours per week
Compensation: Unpaid (academic credit may be considered)
Neighborhood Plaza Partnership (NPP) internship presents opportunities in a diverse range of activities in our operations and capacity-building programs for high-need plaza managers and groups across the city. Positions are part-time and based both in the field and at the Horticultural Society of New York.
NPP is seeking an Operations Intern to monitor and document physical conditions at 2-3 high-priority plazas in New York City. The Operations Intern will be occasionally asked to attend plaza events and to engage with plaza users. Upon completion of the internship, s/he will gain relationships with plaza managers who range from small business improvement districts to volunteer-led neighborhood groups. S/he will also inform future reporting and analysis of challenges faced by plaza managers in high-need, low-income neighborhoods.
General responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and documenting physical conditions within the plaza
- Surveying plaza users
- Photographing plazas
- Contributing to written and multimedia content across online social media channels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interest and/or background in urban planning, urban affairs, urban design, public policy or a related field
- Enthusiastic collaboration and comfort in working with a wide range of plaza managers and neighborhood groups
- Flexible, organized, and able to multitask
Applicants for this position should be enrolled in or have completed a bachelor’s degree. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and excellent organizational skills are required. Experience with web-based content management is highly preferred. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “NPP Internship” in the subject line.