It was an incredibly eventful and colorful summer at Neighborhood Plaza Partnership’s plazas. We reached a few milestones, including:
- Hitting our mark of serving more than ten plaza managers this year across Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan
- Training our ACE clients in Assistant Gardener with two rounds who have passed certification
- Successfully watering and caring for twelve plazas with beautiful summer plantings by the Hort’s Horticulture Team and Green Team
As our fall plaza plantings and trainings are ongoing, we are also:
- Bringing the Uni to more plazas in Queens and Brooklyn, including Ozone Park Plaza and Bliss Plaza in Sunnyside
- Continuing our advocacy for under-resourced plazas by cultivating relationships with City Council
- Exploring sponsorship and marketing opportunities to bring more private investment into public plazas
With the maintenance and operations side of NPP down, we are now looking for a Director of Capacity-Building and Technical Assistance to bring our support to plaza managers to the next level. Please visit our jobs page for more information.
Highlights for Summer 2014 below!